Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS
8413180

My body chemistry has changed in recent years. For the first

Customer Question

My body chemistry has changed in recent years. For the first time in my life I now have body odor that seems to be omitted when I am hot, nervous, or anxious from my underarms. I was an active athlete in my earlier years and never experienced this. I have tried many different types of deodorant and nothing helps. I am embarrased to be in a relationship because of this. What can I do?
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 9 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for using Justanswer for your question.

There just happened to be a new article on WebMD that came out today on this very topic. See:

http://www.webmd.com/skin-beauty/features/bye-bye-bo?ecd=wnl_skin_100108

See if this is helpful. If not get back to me and either I will find other suggestions or i will opt out and see if another expert can help you.

Susan

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
This does not answer my question. I've tried Secret Clinical Strength all times of night and day and it seems to make the problem worse
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 9 years ago.

Ok. There are more invasive treatments. This includes botox, surgery, and drugs. See this article and look under "treatments" for the discussion of how these work.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sweating-and-body-odor/DS00305

Susan