Dr. M. Lahkar
Dr. M. Lahkar, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD in Radiodiagnosis
5326904

I am a 40 year old mother of three. One or two days a week i

I am a 40 year old mother of three. One or two days a week i have bloating,belching that smells like a rotten egg, next day diarrhea. This is really effecting my weight and i already take nexium, please help!
Hi, you may having an episode of malabsorption that has resulted in bloating, belching and diarrhoea. The cause for the malabsorption can be gall bladder stone commonly or due to many other causes like chronic liver disease, celiac disease, intestinal worm infestation like ascariasis, IBD, taking certain medications, vitamin deficiency like B12 or folic acid etc.

You will have to consult a gastrointestinal specialist and investigate further with barium meal and follow through, ultrasound of the abdomen, blood tests etc to isolate the cause.

I hope my answer is helpful to you. For accepting the answer, please press the " GREEN ACCEPT" button.
I would be highly obliged for a POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS from you.