Dr J Burk
Dr J Burk, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS MRCGP
5101698

Help! since i got up today, I have had this incredibly

Customer Question

Help! since i got up today, I have had this incredibly constant and sharp pain under my left wing (scapula?) I only need to move just slightly, or move my left arm in any way for the extreme, and sharp pain to attack. I then had an adjustment at my chiropractor, and it just became MORE NAGGING and EXTREME. I tried stretching, hot tub, heating pad (helps a little), and 30 mg of cyclobenzaprine.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 8 years ago.
Hi

Are you having difficulty breathing?

Is the pain worse when you take a deep breath?

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 8 years ago.

Hi

This is called pleuritic pain.

It may simply be muscular but an exam by a Dr is mandatory to exclude infection or pulmonary embolism ( clot in the lung).

Dr Jef

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** was in too much pain to continue waiting for an answer, so I went to the VA hosp. (i am a disabled veteran). I didn't get too much out of them (typical), even after and exam, x-ray, and ekg!!! The doc said that it was a pulled muscle. Well, I hadn't been in such pain since my syatica episode a few years ago - that also hurt like hell.

This pain is still just as sharp and stabbing as ever - even with 5 cc's of morphine !!!, and another 4 cc's an hour later.

Well, thanks for trying anyway - God Bless

Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 8 years ago.
Hi

So long as your are well.

I'm confused re the length of time you had to wait.

You took ? 9 hours to answer my info request and I gave you an answer 46 minutes latter?

Dr Jef