Joseph Gelis
Joseph Gelis, Nurse
Experience:  LSU Graduate 1992 w/ Bacc. Science in Nursing, 15+ years bedside nursing, mostly in critical care.
8973592

What is causing a fluttering feeling in my ear? I have

What is causing a fluttering feeling in my ear? I have checked for wax etc.
Does your ear hurt?

Do you feel this with talking or swallowing?

Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
When I press to stop the fluttering feeling it feels 'different' to my other ear when I press it but otherwise nothing. I also have drips from my nose at times (maybe some connection).
It sounds very much like you may have a serous otitis media, which is a collection of fluid behind your eardrum. You did not mention any pain, so it may not be the infected type, yet. This can sometimes happen with increased secretions in the nose/throat/ear region due to draining sinuses associated with allergies, where the fluid gets trapped in the eustachian tube and ultimately the middle ear. It will normally resolve on its own. If you begin to develop pain and pressure in this ear, it may be a sign that it has become infected. You should consult your doctor for an exam and treatment if this were to occur. I hope this has helped.