How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 34998
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has a lump on his inner thigh next to or on the

This answer was rated:

My husband has a lump on his inner thigh next to or on the crease where the undewhere would be (but he wheres boxers) its sore and we are concerned of what it may be. we have no insurance so we cant take him to see a doctor right now. any ideas? its pink and has hair on the lump because its mostly on his thigh. its the size of a streched out quarter. its sore and hurtswhen touched or pressed.its been there for 3 or 4 days it has no head on it or by it


With the clinical features and symptoms manifestations, it can be carbuncle, folliculitis, boil, abscess or impetigo. He may require antibiotics for the treatment which would need prescription from a physician.

Following may help you;

1) Warm compresses

2) Washing with the soap and warm water

3) Oatmeal lotion or over the counter hydrocortisone cream application

4) Advil or Motrin orally

Never lance it on your own.

Read the resource;

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Dr. Arun Phophalia and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you very much im still worried but now i have an idea of how seriours it is. you were very helpful thank you

You are welcome.

Best wishes and kindest regards.

Dr. Arun