How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Macy RN Your Own Question
Macy RN
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 805
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Macy RN is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

pain on my right side, below my rib cage

Customer Question

I have pain on my right side, below my rib cage. i have been to the dr.'s and have had test by drinking that stuff and nothing came up. could it be my appentix?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Macy RN replied 8 years ago.



I am happy to help you this evening.


It could be your appendix , gallbladder or kidney stone.



Appendix symptoms,

~ vague abdominal pain that is hard to pinpont

~nausea and vomiting




~pain more under right rib and going into back

~ nausea or vomiting


Kidney stone

~more pain in lower back


Your doctor could order an abdominal ultrasound to check you.


He might even order a HIDA scan to check gallbladder function.


If you have severe pain go to the ER.


Best Wishes to you,


Macy RN and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i am taking the information profided to my Dr.
Expert:  Macy RN replied 8 years ago.


Hope you feel better soon.