How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Macy RN Your Own Question
Macy RN
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 805
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Macy RN is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 25 years old and had an accident where I injured my

Resolved Question:

I am 25 years old and had an accident where I injured my right ankle. I had xrays and it did not show a break but my ankle swells everyday and I am in severe pain. On a scale of 1 to 10 my pain is a 10. Your advice
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Macy RN replied 9 years ago.


You might need to get the xrays repeated as sometimes the fracture can be missed.

Wrap your ankle in an ace wrap but not too tight to cut off the circulation.

Elevate as much as possible.

You can try heat alternating with ice packs,.

You need to call your doctor though because you might need to see an orthopedist or at least get crutches to be able to stay off of it.

Best Wishes,


Macy RN and other Health Specialists are ready to help you