Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

Have a really sore knee. no apparent swelling. can't bend

have a really sore knee. no apparent swelling. can't bend without tightness. noticed after golfing week or so ago.taking anti inflam, knee support, heat and or ice daily. nothing seems to be working. clinic thought it could be a cyst.and recommended anti inflam. do you think this is a visit to an orthopedist?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 9 years ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question today!

Wow, my answer was going to be that if the anti-inflammatory drugs and rest doesn't help after a week to week and a half, then yes, I would be seen by an Ortho. It could be a Baker's cyst or other type cyst, osteoarthritis, or degenerative arthritis. Your Ortho should be able to diagnose you pretty quickly and get your some relief so you can get back on the golf course.