How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17827
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have inner ear infection. Driving me. Dr. gave me

Resolved Question:

I have inner ear infection. Driving me nuts. Dr. gave me meclizine so I have slept for 3 days and have not gotten any better. Can an antibiotic work? If not, how much longer will this last. It has been a total of 6 days.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 9 years ago.


I would like to get some more detail information about your problem,

How long the problem is there? What are the symptoms you are having?

Did you run any test? Have you consulted an ENT specialist?

Do you have any other disease?like high blood presure , diabetes?

Do you take any other medicine?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The ringing in my ears and fatigue started last Wed. 8/27. I feel dizzy and generally under the weather. Symptoms have not improved any. I think that is what I am most frustrated with. All I can do is sleep. I went to my family physician on Friday. I have no other medical conditions but do take estra test (after hysterectomy) and zoloft. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for the information.

From your symptoms it appears that you are having tinnitus or ringing in the ear .

This may occur from a variety of causes .

There may be any infection , wax or any bony disturbances in the inner ear.

This can also be due to anxiety or stress , drug effect , blood pressure changes etc.

You can read this link for more information.

You need to consult an ENT specialist to have an examination of the ear.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.
Dr. Saha and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you