How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17828
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 41 yr old woman. I have been experiencing squeezing

Resolved Question:

I am a 41 yr old woman. I have been experiencing squeezing sensations in my stomach just below the centre of the ribs, which feels like a heart beat. It will just suddenly thump..sometimes after food, when I twist at the waist, bend over. I have had tablets to stop acid for 2 mths and no improvement. Yesterday, I also had the most horrible pain on my left side, under the breast. It only lasted a second or so, and to be honest was so horrible I felt quite sick. Any advice welcome...I'm at my wits end!
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 9 years ago.


I would like to get some more detail information about your problem,

What are the tests have you taken? Can you please name them?

Do you have any other disease?

Do you take any other medicine?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.


Heart Checks: Tests taken 2002 included ECG/24 hr ECG (noted 2 sec heart stop & 1st degree av block). Cardiologist seemed happy it was not heart related.

I take 25mg Levothyroxine for a thyroid problem, apart from that, I am fit & well. Not overweight and don't smoke. I only drink the odd glass of wine as I get serious palpitations with alcohol.

I can also get this thumping sensation during strenuous exercise..walking up hill, lifting heavy weights etc

As an aside, I've been complaining of a persistant dull ache under my ribcage on left side (above the hip) for nearly 2 yrs.

Hope all helps,


Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for the information.

As your heart check up was in 2005 , you may repeat it .

I feel you can take an event monitor which can record the event when it is occurring.

As you are having more problems when you are exercising or going uphill & is associated with raing of heart , a repeat check up of heart may be taken.

There may be any arrythmia or irregularity of rhythm which may be causing this symptom.

Dull ache above the hip may be related to kidneys & ultrasound study of abdomen can be taken.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.
Dr. Saha and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you