How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gupta Your Own Question
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 8001
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Gupta is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a bruised sensation under my right rib cage to the

Resolved Question:

I have a "bruised" sensation under my right rib cage to the back and right side.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 8 years ago.
Dear Nina,
Your age, duration of symptoms, and any other problems like more pain on eating food, prior history of similar problem, gall bladder problem, any chronic illness, medicine etc.?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am 55. Pain began Saturday, Aug 23, 2008, no other pains or chronic illness. I take .5 mg of estradoil; atenenol; 10 mg of Lexapro; No prior gall bladder. I have had 3 back surgeries but this is not along my spine where I had my other back pain. It feels like someone just hit me with a fist in my lower right rib cage.
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 8 years ago.
Dear Nina,
From your description it could be one of a few things,
Rib trauma (unknown)
Local muscle spasm
Appendicular inflammation
Gall bladder disease
Renal stone / inflammation
Pluerisy (inflammation of the pleura)

I would advise getting a medical opinion, since some of these conditions can be serious.
A physical examination would be needed so that appropriate tests can be done and treatment started too.
All the best,
Dr. Gupta and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you