How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry Your Own Question
Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 693
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling
Type Your Health Question Here...
Terry is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a sever pain on my right side at my waist and around

Resolved Question:

I have a sever pain on my right side at my waist and around to the back. I have had this pain for several weeks, I was checked for gall bladder and had my ribcage exrayed.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Terry replied 9 years ago.


How was your gallbladder checked? Were any other organs investigated, such as you spleen or kidneys? Are you drinking plenty of water and urinating sufficient amounts? Are your stools regular and normal appearance? Did you recently strain, sprain, or twist your body while lifting, carrying or moving something. Were blood tests done? Results?

Thank you,


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Terry's Post: My gallbladder was checked with a sonagram, I drink lots of water and urinating and stool are ok. I had brest cancer in December of 2006 and had a mastectomy so I have my blood checked every 3 months.
Expert:  Terry replied 9 years ago.

Hi Shirley,

What possible diagnosis has the doctor offered you, after examination and bloodwork?He should have a plan for you at this point. After ruling out a gallbladder problem, what will he investigate next. You need to ask him that. You shouldn't have to be in pain with an unknown cause, especially if you are under a doctor/s care. Your discomfort can be caused by the things I mentioned previously and must be ruled out.



Customer: replied 9 years ago.
He said hed see me in September, if it continued hurting call him, I did but he's out ot town. He doesn't do the bloodwork the cancer institute does it.
Expert:  Terry replied 9 years ago.


I hope you get relief from the tylenol, or you can try ibuprofen if it is not contraindicated for you. If it is rib pain, it should subside in about 6 weeks. Any other cause will need medical investigation either in September or with another doctor prior to that. As I said, the pain could be from the kidney or the spleen, but you don't seem to have other symptoms. At this time, you can wait it out, til your doctor returns. However if there are any changes in your symptoms or the pain worsens, you will need to seek medical help at ER or with another practitioner.

I hope all will be well with you!


Terry and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you