How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Josh Your Own Question
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5574
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think I have rectal prolapse. I got it before a few years

Resolved Question:

I think I have rectal prolapse. I got it before a few years ago, and the pain went after a few days, but its back again today and I think I should see a doctor. What should I do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 9 years ago.


The symptoms associated with rectal prolapse are- reddish coloured mass coming through opening of the anus, especially following a bowel movement. Slight bleeding may also occur sometimes. Also the rectal mucosa must be returned to the rectum manually.

As you said, that in past also you had rectal prolapse, so it need to be manged now, For recurrent rectal prolapse, surgery should be adviced. My opinion is that you should see your doctor for management.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Ok, is there anything I can do to stop the pain, or should I just see a doctor straight away?
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 9 years ago.

As you already tried manually , to push it back, so at this stage , you should see doctor immediately. You will be managed by doctor.

Dr. Josh and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you