How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MY_doc Your Own Question
MY_doc, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 65
Experience:  6 years, research and clinical
Type Your Health Question Here...
MY_doc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 72 year old male in good physical shape and have been

Resolved Question:

I am a 72 year old male in good physical shape and have been experiencing severe pains in my breast area. I have had mamograms and seen several doctors but none can explain why i have this discomfort. i often sleep on my stomach and thought that this could be the reason. I take hytrin or Terazanon for an enlarged prostrate. i mention this because my wife said that she has heard of a medicine that has side affects that cause sore breasts.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  MY_doc replied 9 years ago.


In reviewing the prescribing information for Hytrin (terazosin) does state chest pain (not heart related), muscle pain, joint pain and some others. It is possible that the pain you are experiencing could be due to the medication.

I would recommend that you speak to your physician and determine if you can try another medication for your enlarged prostate.

I hope this was helpful.

MY_doc and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you