How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Stan Your Own Question
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 178
Experience:  30 + years practicing family medicine. Board Certified in Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr Stan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get a private repeat prescription online. I''ve

This answer was rated:

How do I get a private repeat prescription online. I''ve recently moved and haven''t had chance to register with a doctor yet.


I need to ask you a few questions.

Does the existing prescription have refills? Are you trying to refill within one year of the original? Is the prescription for a controlled substance? What pharmacy first filled the prescription?

I will be better able to assist you when you provide the answers.

Dr. Stan

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Dear Dr Stan

Thank you for your quick response. I don’t have the physical prescription with me, it’s held at my old GP’s surgery in Sussex. I’ve recently moved to the Peak District and haven’t had a chance to register with my new GP yet due to long working hours.

A pharmacy in Haywards Heath (I think it was Lloyds) first filled the prescription which is for 40mg Citalapram, 50mg Quietapine (Seroquel) and 7.5mg of Zopiclone.

I’m trying to get a prescription online, does this facility exist in the UK? Can you help?

Kind regards

I don't know what laws prevail in the UK, but in the US you can call the pharmacy where the prescriptionwas originally filled and request that they transfer the prescription to another pharmacy. Or you may call the pharmacy you want to use and have them request the transfer from the original pharmacy. There are online prescription services available in the UK, but if they are like the services in the US, they will require an original prescription. I feel that you can contact your old GP in Sussex, explain that you have moved and request a new written prescription in an amount sufficient to keep you current until you can affiliate with a new doctor, the GP will do that. I know if I were presented with your problem, I would give you the prescription. I hope this is helpful.

Dr. Stan

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Hi Dr Stan

Thanks for getting back to me again, I’ve already done that once (asked my old GP to complete a prescription) which he did but said I would need to register with a GP within 30 days. Those 30 days have now elapsed and I really need to get my medication. If you could point me in the direction of someone in the UK that could provide me with the prescription online without a face to face visit that would be perfect.

Kind regards

The url below may be able to help you. I do not endorse this online source, I only provide it for your information.

Dr. Stan

Dr Stan and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you