How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17824
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

No Comment Added

Resolved Question:

No Comment Added
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 9 years ago.


I want to get some more detail information about your problem,

How long the problem is there ?How was it diagnosed? Any ECG or echo result?

Do you have any other disease like hypertension , diabetes , any recent or past illness?

Do you take any medicine?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
problem there a few months
no drugs
wating for ecg to determine condition
blood pressurs high
also possibly suffering with depression definitely stressed and grief form loss of mother recently.
pains in chest and arms.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for the information.

Though ECG can indicate hypertrophy , echocardiography is more reliable to determine the degree & the region of hypertrophy.

High blood pressure is a factor producing hypertrophy of the heart .

This causes it by increasing the load against which heart has to pump more vigorously to eject the blood needed for our body need.

It is like exercising our body muscle taking load.

So if you keep your blood pressure within normal limit , the load will be less on the heart & the hypertrophy will not progress.

However the hypertrophy which has developed already will not come back to normal. Though some regression of it may occur with antihypertensive therapy.

Your symptoms of pain in the chest & arm should be checked by a doctor without delay if you have not done already. Heart pain from angina or infarct mainly present with pain of this type.

I hope this information will help. Please press the ACCEPT button if I answered your question. Thank you.

Dr. Saha and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you