How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry Your Own Question
Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 693
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling
Type Your Health Question Here...
Terry is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Subdermal skin color changes on dorsum of both hands in

Resolved Question:

Subdermal skin color changes on dorsum of both hands in circular pattern about 2.5 cm in diameter with associated nodules at MPJ of ring finger right hand only. Not painful to the touch, but have a burning sensation when under warm water. Seem to be proliferating in number.Can you give me a differential diagnosis?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Terry replied 9 years ago.


Your skin condition must be examined by a doctor, preferably a dermatologist, in order to make a differential diagnosis. There are so many different skin conditions and symptoms related to them. A doctor will be able to diagnose and treat you after examination and probably blood work as well. This could be allergy related, arthritis related, or nerve related. Please make an appointment with you doctor as soon as possible.

Take care,


Terry and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Terry's Post: The lesions are now starting to blister, multiple over the discolored areas, and the epidermis is sloughing. The lesions have a burning sensation at all times. Saw a physician yesterday who is stumped, general practioner.
Expert:  Terry replied 9 years ago.


Thank you for the extra information. Did you do gardening recently, particularly with thorny bushes or plants? Blistering of the skin and sloughing can leave the lesions open to infection. I recommend that you see a dermatologist as soon as possible. Ask him to swab and culture the lesions for fungus and bacteria, and then the appropriate medication can be prescribed.