How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nurse Mandy Your Own Question
Nurse Mandy
Nurse Mandy, Nurse
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 498
Experience:  LPN since 2000. Experience in Orthopedics, Dermatology, Cardiology & Ear Nose and Throat
Type Your Health Question Here...
Nurse Mandy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think I tore, or pulled the muscle in my arm, the ...

Customer Question

I think I tore, or pulled the muscle in my arm, the one from the bicep to the underside of my arm. Should I see a doctor?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Mandy replied 9 years ago.

HelloCustomer my name is Mandy. Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a nurse that works in Orthopaedics with the physicians that work with the Tennessee Titans and Nashville Predators.

Yes, I suggest you see a doctor. If you have a biceps tendon tear or a severe muscle tear you may need surgery to fix this. If your symptoms are just minor, they can splint and treat with medications. Muscle/tendon injuries can be very difficult to get over if not appropriatley treated. The least thing they can do is get you on a prescription strenght anit-inflammatory medication. Also, rest the arm as much as possible. Ice the area 20 minutes at a time 4-5 x's a day. This can also help with pain/swelling.

Good luck and speedy recovery!

Nurse Mandy and other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I'm told to put ice on this injury but if I do I get a charley horse that is really bad. I don't have any pain unless I try to straighten out the arm. Then it feels like a lot of needles shot in the arm