drkevinmd
drkevinmd, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Family Practice Physician by the American Board of Family Medicine
10353487

I have rapid heart beat after walking the steps or just

I have rapid heart beat after walking the steps or just working hard and breathing hard. I have talked to a nurse and they say it might be B and D conditions which I don't exercise but I weigh 138 pds. She said you can weigh 110 and still have B and D conditions. I joined the gym early this morning not knowing it could be not exrecising. It does not happen everyday. Maybe once a week or so.
Category: Health
Expert:  TBurtonRN replied 9 years ago.

Can you clarify what you mean by B and D conditions?

Thanks,

T

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The nurse said i might have B and D conditions. Maybe its short for blood disorder conditions. She said a symptom is when you walk up the stairs and you are tired or rapid heart beat after walking up the stairs which is what I have.
Expert:  drkevinmd replied 9 years ago.
Thanks for your question. It is normal for your hear rate to go up some with exertion but if you feel it is faster than normal and not dropping down to normal when you rest then there are several possible causes. The first thing to do is avoid caffeine, decongestants, and nicotine. If you are still having symptoms then see your doctor to have your blood counts and thyroid checked as well as an electrocardiogram of your heart.
drkevinmd, Doctor
Experience: Board Certified Family Practice Physician by the American Board of Family Medicine