How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Vikas Your Own Question
Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2253
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Vikas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother is 65 years oold wit a history of fainting spells

Resolved Question:

my mother is 65 years oold wit a history of fainting spells and nervous spells and depression she was treated 30 yrs ago and has not been on any medication ad has been fine recently she is comjplaining of headackes , extreme fatique and feeling like she is going to pass put and need s to lay dorw she is also ver y nervous agound groups and get easily agiated the question is as follows:1. what is causing this 2. are the spells a neurological issue   3. what kind of doctor shoul we sne dher to teh regular phycians have only focus on te drepession I really caoncern about the spells if tey are comemeing back or symptoms for some otet major problem ...she complanin of a heavy toung as the systaoms she rembers from the pas whne the spells accoured it happening but the spells have bot surfaced yet we live in the maryland area caont you recommened a specialist to take her too
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 9 years ago.

Is your mother suffering from any other disease such as Hypertension, any Heart related problem or any other disease you would like to tell about?

Is she taking any medicines?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
she has high blood presseure and is on medication for that and she might be on some mild medication for depression she did have a heart problem that required a andgio plasties
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 9 years ago.

On the basis of your your mother's age, her being suffering from high Blood presure, history of Angioplasty, in my view you should first consult a Neurologist for her symptoms to rule out any Neurological problem , and if the Neurologist find everything normal he may refer her to a Psychiatrist considering her past history.

Best wishes

Press "ACCEPT" if your question has been answered,so that I can be paid for it!
Positive Feedback is always appreciated.
Please ask any follow up question freely.
If you are not satisfied with the answer,please do not click ACCEPT button and tell me so that I can REQUEST other experts here to answer it..
Dr. Vikas and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Dr V's Post: Thank you for providing some clarity. I will follow you advise as that is the road I had in r response really means alot I am truly greatful. And must say suprise that you actirlly is brilliant cheers ***** *****
\if you have any one you rcan refer us tooo will by helpful we are in the maryland area
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 9 years ago.

Thanks for coming to Just answer.

I am glad, you like the answer.

I am not able to help you regarding referrring to some one else.

I wish your mother get well soon.

Kindest regards
Dr. Vikas and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you