How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PaulaNP Your Own Question
PaulaNP, Nurse Practitioner
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 431
Experience:  Nurse Practitioner; 36 years experience with adults, geriatrics,and children;Therapist
Type Your Health Question Here...
PaulaNP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have lymphedema in my legs. my skin is so tight and is

This answer was rated:

I have lymphedema in my legs. my skin is so tight and is hardening. I have some open wounds, small ones, but i now have blisters on my legs from my ankles to just below my knees. The pain is terrific. I am at the point now where the pain reduces me to tears. The legs are painful at the slightest touch even if touched by clothing. What can i do?
I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time. I have great success in sending lymphedema patients to special therapists who, over time, helped to reduce the edema. These professionals may be nurses, physical or occupational therapists.

You can find a local therapist by calling PT departments/offices or by going to this link to find someone in your area:

I hope this helps you. Make sure to consult your health provider to make sure you do not have an infection and to determine if you symptoms might not be from another cause.

Thank you for writing JA, take care, Paula
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Paula, I need some suggestions on how I can alleviate this pain now. I don't want to complain about my doctor but I went to him for a year with my legs bandaged. he would undo the bandage, examine the leg, and tell me to use antibiodic ointment then send me home. he didn't even rebandage the legs.

I went to an emergency room two years ago and the doctor called this venous statious. At this time I need more than just a recommendation to see another doctor. I need some suggestions for alleviating this never ending pain.
Your pain will be relieved by reducing the edema, and that is what manual lynph therapy will do for you. I have seen remarkable results, it does work.. Find a therapist thru the link I gave above or go to your yellow pages for lymphedema therapist or look under therapist for someone who offers the treatment. If you tell me where you live, i could also look for you.

Here is more info:
PaulaNP and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to PaulaNP's Post: I live in Romeoville, Illinois. That is close to Bolingbrook, Joliet, Plainfield, and Crest Hill.
This is what I found for you:

Results 1-1 of 1 (?)

Print results

User Search Results

Rank Business Information User Rating/Review Distance (in miles)
1. Ishman Body Care Center (630)(###) ###-####/span> 608 S Washington St, #309, Naperville, IL Get Directions Be the first to rate 8.95 mi.
Save for later Send to phone Write a review
Know something we're missing? Add it now

Web results for "manual lymphatic drainage" near your location

For immediate pain relief, elevate you legs, put on compresssion bandages-wrap toes to thigh, apply ice packs 20 minutes at a time. If you have no bleeding disorders or stomack ulcers you can take ibuprofen alternating with tylenol (if you have no liver problems). If the pain is not helped, call your doctor, explain the situation, and request help-perhaps a narcotic. If the pain is unbearable, go to the emergency room for some help.
Your feedback of neutral can be changed to positive if you ask the moderators to do so,
Thank you,

Related Health Questions