Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant
467755

I have a prescription for 20 mg of Lisinopril but I recieved

Customer Question

I have a prescription for 20 mg of Lisinopril but I recieved a very different shape and color pill (after years of the same pill) this one has Lupin on one side and 20 on the other. Is this an accepted replacement? I really would rather recieve the same medicine each month and not have it change back and forth.
Category: Health
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 9 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

Lupin is company name not drug name.
Please mention the name of medication mentioned on the strip or bottle?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Dr. AM MD's Post: It says on the bottle what it says every month Lisinopril and under that same as Prinvil
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 9 years ago.
Thanks for your reply. Do not worry it is same drug.

Prinivil and lisinopril are same.

Please visit this link for details:

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/lisinop.htm

http://www.drugs.com/lisinopril.html

Lisinopril is Generic Name and Prinivil and Zestril are Brand Names.

Thanks
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I knew that the label was right i was concerned about the pills not being the same
SAME LABEL ON MEDICINE NOT THE SAME MEDICINE
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 9 years ago.
Customer

If this is what the pill looks like

This is 20 mg of Lisinopril made by Lupin Pharma, Inc. There are a number of different pharmaceuticals that make this particular medication, but they are all the same. You can read more about this medication at the below link. If you click on the little camera icon, it will bring you to a page where you can look at pictures of all the dosages made by each manufacturer.
http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/Uses/0,3915,390|Lisinopril%2BTablets,00.html
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience: PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant