Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I think I pulled my hamstring. The pain is right behind the

I think I pulled my hamstring. The pain is right behind the knee and I do feel some discomfort when bending and extending leg

I want to get some more detail information about your problem-

How long the problem is there?

How did it occur?

Is there any swelling?

Any local area of tenderness?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I play lots of sports, mainly tennis. This occured in the last 4 weeks, where I started to notice the discomfort after I was resting, especially going to sleep, I feel some pain.
No swelling, no tenderness, just discomfort when leg is bent and hurts more when I try to bend it against some resistance
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Are you still there? Awaiting for a response
Thank you for the information.

Sorry for the delay as I was offline .

According to the history you have described, it seems that you are having mild type of hamstring injury.

If you take adequate care immediately after the injury, early recovery is expected.

As the symptoms persists for about a month you should consult an orthopedic doctor for examination and evaluation of diagnosis.

You may need physical therapy like stretching exercise, ultrasound stimulation to the injured muscles.

During streching exercise advil / motrin which help to reduce pain & inflammation may be taken after meal if there is no contraindication.

You can read about it in details in the following
Link

I hope this will help. Please press the ACCEPT button if you got your answer. Thank you.