How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DoogleNK Your Own Question
DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1139
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
DoogleNK is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

No Comment Added

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 9 years ago.
I think what you are looking for is XLIF---extreme lateral interbody fusion in the lumbar spine. This is a minimally invasive spine procedure for fusion of vertebral bodies by approaching form the lateral side.
For more information, please read
steps of surgery
video of surgery
review of XLIF

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK is always appreciated.
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice.
DoogleNK and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I don't know if this is the area for feedback but I want you to know that the doctor supplied me with a very professional way. Not only did he provide a written response but he enabled me to print pictures of the procedure. I feel much better abouat me husband having this done. I will return in the future.Many thanks!!