DoogleNK
DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
7632001

I was diagnosed with a stress fracture two weeks ago at the

I was diagnosed with a stress fracture two weeks ago at the ER, I was given crutches to use until I saw a podiatrist but I have not seen the Dr. yet my appt is in a few days. My question is has the fracture healed and can I start walking on it . I still have some sharp pain in my feet and a burning sensation on my heals and my right foot is still swollen but not as it was two weeks ago. I know my appt is in a few days but I am a bit frustrated. Please help
Category: Health
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 9 years ago.
Stress fractures mostly heals by 4-12 wks. But the healing time depends on the location of fracture.Treatment objective is to give rest to the area , avoid weight bearing or the movement which is associated with pain.Once the fracture heals & you are pain free you can return to your activity.So i suggest you to go to your doctor & till that time continue using the crutches.
For more information, please read this.

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK is always appreciated.
______________________________________________________________________
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
DoogleNK,
Thank you for your help. I am greatful. Have a good night or a good morning.

Sandra