How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr PG M.D. Your Own Question
Dr PG M.D.
Dr PG M.D., Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2337
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MS
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr PG M.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is best treatment for enlarged bile duct. CT and MRI

Customer Question

What is best treatment for enlarged bile duct. CT and MRI did not show any stone, cysts, tumors, or other obstruction.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr PG M.D. replied 9 years ago.
The most important thing here would be to do a test called ERCP and check for the pressures (manometry) of the Sphincter of ODDI (SOD).
If you are having any symptoms and the ERCP / manometry reveals an SOD dysfunction, then the treatment would involve stenting the SOD and the common bile duct.
read more here
Dr PG M.D. and 6 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The answer was very helpful, but, what is the best medicine to control the pain. Yesterday doctor prescribed Impramine for IBS.
Expert:  Dr PG M.D. replied 9 years ago.
For severe pain use of antispasmodics maybe advised along with Imipramine.
Nowadays there is a possibility of using specific medicines for IBS like LOTRONEX and AMITIZA for relieving IBS too,
Read more here

And here

Dr. PG
Expert:  Dr PG M.D. replied 9 years ago.
Just an addition,
Antispasmodic medicines, such as dicyclomine (Bemote, Bentyl, Di-Spaz) and hyoscyamine (Levsin, Levbid, NuLev), maybe useful in your case too in addition to the painkillers that you are on,
Read more here
Dr. PG