DoogleNK
DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
7632001

I take (Tramadol) for back pain (the only thing that works).

I take (Tramadol) for back pain (the only thing that works). When on it, I don''t have any back pain, my life feels normal... and lately I really love to exercise... is it dangerous to go running if I am on a muscle relaxer? I''ve found I can run longer distances on the medication, but someone scared me the other day and said it''s terrible for my heart. So, I guess the main question is: Do I have to give up jogging/running if I''m on a muscle relaxer?
There is no contraindication to exercise while on tramadol. Exercise is beneficial to the heart ,the cardiovascular system & most other body systems.
However, tramadol may impair attention & it is advisable to avoid avtivities that require mental alertness.
For more information, please read this

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK is always appreciated.
______________________________________________________________________
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice