How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17827
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Upon rising early in the morning I feel dizzy, loss of

Resolved Question:

Upon rising early in the morning I feel dizzy, loss of balance, room spinning, Heart rate increase, sweaty and nausea.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 9 years ago.


I want to get some more detail information about your problem-

How long the problem is there?

Have you checked your blood pressure and blood sugar/glucose?

Do you have any other disease?

Do you take any other medicine?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
About a year on and off but now more frequently like 2 to 3 times a month.

Yes I have had my blood pressure and blood sugar checked, bothe were ok.

Cholesterol high, but no medication just exercise an diet change.

No Medications
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 9 years ago.

Thank you for the information.

When you suddenly get up in the morning, there may be diminished blood supply to the brain, causing the symptoms.

The diminished blood supply may be from the atherosclerosis of the neck arteries.

Sometimes overnight fasting may cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) leading to symptoms.

There may be problem with the nerve supply of balance.

Spondylosis of the neck vertebra may also cause this type of symptoms.

You may need some investigations like MR angiography of neck vessels , MRI spine, Fasting blood sugar, lipid profile, etc.

You should consult neurologist to examine and investigate to find out the cause of it.

I hope this will help. Please press the ACCEPT button if I answered your question. Thank you. If you are satisfied please leave a Positive Feedback which is dearer to me. Thank you.
Dr. Saha and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you