Dr. Zia
Dr. Zia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified
8865089

I need to know if i have genital herpes. i am freaking out.

Customer Question

i need to know if i have genital herpes. i am freaking out. i had 10 white-filled little bumps on the lip of my vagina. i had no pain - just sore. i had no fever. after i took a hot shower, it seemed to make the white stuff come out and the area is healing. the area looks red, but it never looked like blisters with clear fluid. what do you think?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. M. Lahkar replied 9 years ago.

The symptoms of genital herpes ususally develop about 2 weeks after contact with an infected person. The woman will have an initial burning or itching in the genital area, vaginal discharge, pain in the genitalia , sometimes fever and later there may be blisters or red bumps that may become painful open sores.

Sometimes there may be only mild sores.

So, if you had intercouse with an infected an person and had these symptpms within two weeks, then you may be having genital herpes. This is the clinical presentation. You need to do some blood tests to detect the HSV 2 antibody,so that the lab findings corroborate the symptoms.

Please consult an STD specialist for advice.

I hope my answer is helpful to you. For accepting the answer, please press the " GREEN ACCEPT" button.I would be highly obliged for a POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS from you.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I am not sure if I had sex with an infected person. But, the last time I had sex was 6 months ago. I didn't have any symptoms until then. what do you mean by mild sores?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
i mean, "I didn't have any symptoms until now"
Hi, I donot think that the herpes symptoms will apear after such a long time.
These can rather be a another virus causing the symptoms called 'molluscum contagiosum'. It affects a person about 3 to 4 months after skin to skin or sexual contact with an infected person .

The lesions appear as pealy white bumps in the genital area and are usually painless. But there is pain when the lesions are infected.

look up this site.

Expert:  Dr. Zia replied 9 years ago.
I just wanted to add one thing to what has already been said.. Herpes outbreak can occur months or even years after the initial exposure... Therefore one cannot definitively exclude herpes based on the time duration. I would recommend that you get yourself examined to be sure it is not herpes and to diagnose your condition.

Reference: http://www.cdc.gov/std/herpes/STDFact-herpes.htm#signs

Regards