How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Zia Your Own Question
Dr. Zia
Dr. Zia, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1615
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Zia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has red splothes on his face neck back cheast

Customer Question

hi , my husband has red splothes on his face neck back cheast arms and stomach. Befor he get theses he feels like his face is getting hot. This has happened befor but this is the worse . Every time it never the same thing he has eatin or anything else that the only thing in common is he drinks beer , but he does that every night and he only get this every so often.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 9 years ago.


This is, as you probably already know , is an allergic reaction.

He needs to consult an allergist and get allergy tests done to identify the cause of his allergies.

Meanwhile, please give him Benadryl to help control the reaction. He should also apply an ice pack on the rashes as soon as one starts. This will prevent the rashes from getting larger. Application of a steroid like 1% hydrocortisone, available OTC , will also help.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. Adding a bonus and a positive feedback will be warmly appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
this couldnt have anything to do with his liver because he is a very heavy drinker?
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 9 years ago.

If his liver had been affected, he would have had more symptoms like lack of appetite, edema of the ankles etc. The rashes would have remained more or less all the time, not happened occasionally.

But if he is a heavy drinker, he does need his liver examined. An ultrasound and a blood test for liver enzymes would help.

Expert:  Dr. Zia replied 9 years ago.
l have a different opinion than what has already been said. I think that he is not having an allergic reaction because had it been an allergic reaction there would almost certainly have been itching of the skin associated with the rash. I think that he is having what is called as "alcohol flush". You can read more about this by clicking here.