How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Susan Ivy Your Own Question
Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4058
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS
Type Your Health Question Here...
Susan Ivy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am female and have a swollen area where the pubic hair is,

Resolved Question:

i am female and have a swollen area where the pubic hair is, its not sore but is not normally a flabby area, have i got an infection inside??
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 9 years ago.

Hello Karen,

Thanks for using Justanswer for your question.

Sometimes people get folliculitis which is actually ingrown hair. You would have some other symp***** *****ke pain or redness, or itching.

Perhaps your weight has settled and it is just a fat pad.

If you start to have any symptoms such as a fever, redness, drainage, pain, then I would suggest you see your gynecologist for testing.

If you have other information about this or questions, don't hesitate to right me back on a reply.

Thanks, Susan

Susan Ivy and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you