Terry
Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling
5185315

I have severe pain on my tailbone the pain never stops when

i have severe pain on my tailbone the pain never stops when i walk the pressure is so bad sometimes i can not bend my back. 1 month with this pain do you think my tailbone is broke
Category: Health
Expert:  Terry replied 9 years ago.

Why do you think your tailbone (coccyx) is broken? Did you fall on it recently?

Thanks,

Terry

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Terry's Post: I FEEL BOUT 2 YEARS AGO HARD ON MY REAR PAIN IS SEVERE ON MY Tailbone. somtimes i can't hardly walk
Expert:  Terry replied 9 years ago.

If you have been experienceing this severe pain since you fell then you must go to the doctor and have an x-ray taken to determine the cause of the pain. Usually, if a coccyx is broken, the pain will go away after about 6-8 weeks, on it's own. Sitting on a rubber ring helps to take pressure off of the coccyx area. It sounds like you have injured more than your coccyx and an x-ray is required at this time.

Sincerely,

Terry

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Terry's Post: it hurt real bad when i feel but the pain lasted maybe 4 weeks and then stopped i feel 2 years ago. it has not bothered until a month ago it started hurting one night at work the pain is severe. i have had x-rays done they said i had a small pelvic fracture but my pelvic has never bothered me. one week the pain was in my right leg and my tailbone. then the pain went to my left leg and tailbone.
Expert:  Terry replied 9 years ago.

Has the doctor told you that your pelvic fracture is related to your coccyx pain? Has your doctor suggested any particular reason for your tailbone and leg pain. You need to be examined and treated by an orthopedist or a chiropractor for diagnosis and treatment. Further investigation studies need to be done on you.

Terry

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Terry's Post: no he has not said if they are related. he don't understand why my pelvic bone is not bothering me he does not know what is causing the pain. what do you think it might be because i am really worried about it.
Expert:  Terry replied 9 years ago.

Oftentimes a pelvi fracture is accompanied by pain in the pelvic region, and usually occurs due to trauma. The pain that you describe can be related to sciatic nerve pain, which is very painful in the lower back and radiating down the leg. It resolves with time. Ibuprofen can be taken to relieve pain. Your pain can can be a result of damage to a disc in your lower back. An orthopedist is the specialist who would investigate this for you. In the meantime, a chiropractor can provide some pain relief as well.

Sincerely,

Terry