How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nurse Annie Your Own Question
Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 6471
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant
Type Your Health Question Here...
Nurse Annie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

.Thanks for being there to answer my question

Resolved Question:

I had a surgery done about twelve years ago. I just wanted to know can it be reversed? Ihad a bilateral partial salapingectomy done .Thanks for being there to answer my question.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 9 years ago.

Are you asking because of wanting to get pregnant? Was this surgery done for contraception?>
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Nurse Annie's Post: yes, Iam remarried and we made the decision to try to have one of own together he doesn't have any children of his own ihave five from a prevous marriage.
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 9 years ago.

If there is no path from the ovary to the tubes, then pregnancy cannot occur on its own. You will need to see your doctor for an evaluation to determine if there is enough tube left to reconnect the ends back together. The only other option would be in vitro. In vitro however usually costs more and involves many back and forth trips to see a doctor, plus the cost of medications. So I would see if you are a candidate to having the tubes reconnected, then go from there.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
ican give the measurements of how much was cut. The measurements are right tube 1.5 by 0.8 by 0.4 cm. left tube 1.2 by 0.6 by 0.4 cm.
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 9 years ago.

A doctor would need to go over your surgical records to determine if you are a candidate, and to see the condition of your tubes. I cannot tell you whether or not you would be a candidate since I can't do these evaluations, so you will need to see a doctor in person.
Nurse Annie and other Health Specialists are ready to help you