How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 35466
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 29 year old mother and I was planning to have a

Customer Question

Hi I am a 29 year old mother and I was planning to have a breast enlargement done to enhance my breast look especially after having two kids, my breast have changed in shape and they look different now, can you please tell me what you think and is that safe to do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 9 years ago.


To obtain a more youthful appearance, improved projection, and reduced fall, etc, various procedures are done which are called as mastopexy and breast augmentation. There are numerous techniques which, provide improvement in the shape of the breast. But all will have a balance between scar and appearance. More nice appearance predisposes for more scar, so a balance has to be achieved by the plastic surgeon with consultation with the patient. Although there are no long term complications but the reconstructed breast too would loose their appearance in long term with the aging.

There are as many procedures as many plastic surgeons. So you need to choose a surgeon who has long experience of performing these operations. The surgical and anesthetic risks are minimal.

Feel free for our follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Dr. Arun Phophalia and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you so much, I will be have a consultation with my surgeon for sure, and hopefully I will come to the right decision.
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 9 years ago.


You are welcome.

Best wishes and kindest regards,

Dr. Arun