How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Vikas Your Own Question
Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2253
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Vikas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a coating on my tongue. I take the following drugs

Resolved Question:

I have a brown coating on my tongue. I take the following drugs Selegiline HCL mild case of Parkinsons. Uroxatral for Prostate. Xaltan drops for Glaucoma and Restasis for dry eyes. Also enjoy oral sex. Ihave tried Listerene, Hidrogen Proxide but nothing is working. mHelp.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 9 years ago.

Since when you have noticed it?

What is the size?

Can it be removed (like a cheesy material which reappear after removing or it is permanant ?)

In which area of tounge?

ANy other area also involved?

Any bleeding,burning sensation,,taste change noticed from that area?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Dr Vikas, M.D's Post: IVe had it for about 2 weeks,

sometimes it covers about 80% of the tongue other times 50%

I clean the tongue daily removing some of the brown but it stays

It appearss to be mostly on the rear going to the middle not on the tip

It is annoying sensation especially when I swallow but not pain appears to be sensitive no bleeding

No other area in the mouth
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 9 years ago.

Honestly speaking, the tongue needs to be clinically examined before reaching to a conclusion.

Since this coating is variable,you are able to remove some part of it,has developed recently,there is history of Oral sex,it seems to be some kind of infection which I must admit is a wild guess.

It may be a fungal infection,but need proper investigation before we can reach to a conclusion.

In some cases it may be drug induced,.

It needs to be examined by a skin specialist.

Kindest regards

Press "ACCEPT" if your question has been answered,so that I can be paid for this answer !
Positive Feedback is always appreciated.
Please ask any follow up question freely.
If you are not satisfied with the answer,please do not click ACCEPT button and tell me so that I can refer it to other experts here.
Dr. Vikas and other Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Health Questions