How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nurse Annie Your Own Question
Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 6471
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant
Type Your Health Question Here...
Nurse Annie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What should I do if I found a piece of broken condom ...

Resolved Question:

What should I do if I found a piece of broken condom inside me two days after having sex?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 9 years ago.

If pregnancy is not wanted, you should obtain emergency contraception. This needs to be taken within 5 days of contraception failure. If you go to this link, you can plug in your zip code to find out where to obtain it where you live
I would also keep an eye out for infection. If you notice a foul odor along with other symptoms, this would be indicative of infection and would need to be evaluated by a doctor. If you only found a little piece of condom and nothing else, then I would see a doctor for a pelvic exam to determine where other pieces of the condom are.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Nurse Annie's Post: The condom was the tip of the condom and we were both unaware that anything was even wrong or that the condom had broken. The pice was about an inch around, so should I go see a doctor or just wait and see?
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 9 years ago.

I would most definately see a doctor asap for a pelvic exam as it's quite possible that part of the condom is still inside. It is better to do this sooner than later, to lessen the chances of infection. It most likely will not come out on it's own, especially if it is high up in the vagina so you will need to see a doctor for a pelvic exam.
Nurse Annie and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you