How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DoogleNK Your Own Question
DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1139
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
DoogleNK is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I woke up one morning with a pain in my lower right back.

Resolved Question:

I woke up one morning with a pain in my lower right back. Very dificult to put my socks on. I have not been lifting heavy wieghts. Brufen 200 mils seem to help. It seems to be getting slowly better and walking is OK
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 9 years ago.
Hello Alastair 2008,

Would you please answer a few questions--

How long has it been hurting in back?

Do you have any radiation of pain in legs?

Does it hurt in back when you cough or sneeze or bend forward?

Does the pain improve with any particluar position?

Do you have any urinary problems like burning micturition, hesitancy, urgencey?

Do you have any known disease?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Hurting about 10 days

No pain in legs
No pain when I cough
better when i walk upright
No urinary problems
No known disease
Hurts when I bend forward from the waist
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I have answered to your questions
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 9 years ago.

You seem to be having a simple back strain.
The treatment involves 1-2 days of rest, local heat application, analgesics like tylenol or advil & avoiding any strain on back. Avoiding prolonged sitting or standing or bending forward from back or bedmaking would help. Lying down with hips & knees bent on a pillow below both thighs would help.
If the pain does not subside in a day or two with these, you should get yourself checked with an orthopedic surgeon.
For more information, please read this.

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK is always appreciated.
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice.
DoogleNK and other Health Specialists are ready to help you