A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

No Comment Added

No Comment Added

The half-life of ranitidine (Zantac) is about 3 hours, so half of it is out of your system in 3 hours, leaving half. Half of the remaining half is out in the next 3 hours leaving 1/4. half of the remaining 1/4 is out in the next 3 hours leaving 1/8, etc.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Schuyler_ANP's Post: Can you tell me the total amount of time that zantac takes to get out of my system?

We normally say that between 6-8 half-lives will leave it undetectable, so that's between 18-24 hours. Why are you concerned about Zantac?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Schuyler_ANP's Post: I took zantac 75 for bad heartburn.I did know if it was a mistake.
Zantac is an excellent choice for heartburn. I hope your heartburn is better.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for your help.It just when you read the box that zantac come it can make you wonder if you did the right thing.

Yes, those box warnings can sometimes be scary. They are required to print anything that ever happened to anyone in testing whether it could conceivably have come from the drug or not. Zantac has an excellent safety record. I've probably taken a pound of them over the years, and I'm still kicking :-)