How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Bernon Your Own Question
Dr.Bernon, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 676
Experience:  Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr.Bernon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a dull pain in my lower right abdomen and some blood

Resolved Question:

I have a dull pain in my lower right abdomen and some blood in my urine. What should be my course of action?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Bernon replied 9 years ago.

Your symptoms are concerning and require prompt medical attention. The two diagnosed that must absolutely be ruled out are:
1) Kidney stone that has dislodged and is stuck in the ureter or bladder
2) A urinary tract infection.
Please go to the ER or Urgent Care center for a thorough examination and some labwork (urinalysis, chemistry panel, kidney function panel) in addition to imaging ( x-ray or CT scan).


Dr.Bernon and other Health Specialists are ready to help you