How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Eric Your Own Question
Dr. Eric
Dr. Eric, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 251
Experience:  9 years of experience as board certified internist, pediatrician. Specialize in Adolescent Medicine.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Eric is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do i treat an irritated / swollen Plica Fimbriata?

Customer Question

how do i treat an irritated / swollen Plica Fimbriata?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Eric replied 9 years ago.


Sorry it's taken so long for someone to answer your question, but I think you may have thrown them off with the 'plica fimbriata' ;)

At any rate, there are a couple of things you could try. Certainly ice and cold liquids, I would also try swishing salt water (1/2 tsp of salt in a glass of lukewarm water) and spitting that out.

If that doesn't help, you can try swishing and spitting a mixture of maalox and liquid benadryl (just be careful you don't injest too much benadryl) as this can coat an irritated area and reduce the swelling.

If the area under your tongue has a white coating, it could be a yeast infection - which you would need to see a physician to get treated for.

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Dr. Eric