How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Evans Your Own Question
Dr. D. Evans
Dr. D. Evans, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4464
Experience:  MS in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery , Attachment to Neurosurgery.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. D. Evans is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I are thinking about having me castrated, we

Customer Question

My wife and I are thinking about having me castrated, we would like more information about this. We have searched the web and found alot of info including how to do myself is this a good thing to do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. D. Evans replied 9 years ago.
Since you are online, could you please give some more information:

Why do you want to do this?

I should also tell you that there is no way you can do this yourself, you must not even think of trying it yourself as you are very likely to end up injuring yourself critically.

I am available online to help you further after I get this info.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I have been bi-sexaul and trans- sexaul most of my life. I now live as a female, my wife is also bi-sexaul. We have lived like this for almost 3 years, we want to go the next step and me have srs but cant afford it, I am currently on hrt
Expert:  Dr. D. Evans replied 9 years ago.

I am sorry to tell you that there is no way that you can do this yourself. Sex Reassignment surgery is a complex surgery which requires a great deal of care to get it 'right'. You will of course want to be sure that the results mean a happy life for you and your family. It would be very very risky to try anything on yourself.

There are a number of centers which will do it for you and any doctor can refer you for this. But if money is an issue, I can suggest as an alternative centers in Bangkok. SRS is commonly done in Thailand because of their cultural milieu and you will find a lot of expertise there, plus the cost is a fraction of the cost here.

You can look up this site as an indicative of their costs:

I hope this answer was helpful. If you need more information, feel free to ask. For accepting this answer, please click on the green 'accept' button below. Feedback/Bonus will be warmly appreciated.