How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Vikas Your Own Question
Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2253
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Vikas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We''ve been married for 36 years. Teh last two times we''ve

This answer was rated:

We''ve been married for 36 years. Teh last two times we''ve had sex, my husband''s penis has slightly curled "upward" at the end during erection. Since this has never happened before, is it cause for concern?
Hi linda

Is this bend noticed only during erection?
Is erection painfull?
Has your husband noticed a little shrinking / shorteningof penis?,noticed hardness on one or more side of penis?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to UrFriend's Post: Actually nothing else seems to be different, that he or I can tell. The shortening of penis that you mentioned, would this be just during erection? If so, I can pay closer attention. However, normal relaxed appearance is the same.

Some of the common cause of bent/curved penis includes

Peyronie's disease - About its symptoms I asked in my previous post.

Urethral structure - that is abnormal narrowing of urethra (may be because of inflammation,injury )
Symptoms include painful erection and painful urination (Not present in your husband)

Injury to penis

Sometimes in Peyronie's disease the initial symptoms are a painless curve of the penis that can occur suddenly or get worse over time. The penis may curve up, down or to either side.

It is difficult to comment what it may be without proper examination,but in my opinion you should go for a Urologist opinion regarding this .

If you have any follow up question,please tell me.

Dr. Vikas and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you. This information has been helpful. As I looked up Peyronie's disease on the Internet, I do see where this could be my husband's situation. I'll suggest and appointment with a urologist.

Thank you so much for the positive feedback.

Thanks for coming to just answer.