How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17823
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 37 years old and have been told that i have

Resolved Question:

Hello i am 37 years old and have been told that i have Endometriosis i have been to my GP and referred me to a specialists who only specialises in endo upon seeing the specialist i was put into hospital to have a laparoscopic look into my uterus which the doc found endo it was everywhere even on my bowels and mays years of scarring now i understand why i was suffering pain with intercourse and bowel movements and other pain such as days were i could move when i finished my period ,my period isnt that heavy but is very very uncomfortable without pain killers,the doc also did a physical exam on me,i was suppose to have a full hyterectomy last year but got scared because of early menopause and other things i have read and heard .Last week i visited other GP this doc this doc doesn''t give medicalscripts she believes in natural remedies this doc recommended that i have the hysto and be put on progesterone cream as a hormone replacement therapy because it could turn into cancer if i leaveit
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 9 years ago.

Hello katty,

I want to get some more detail information about your problem.

Are you currently on any medication for endometriosis?

Still your symptoms persists?

Would you explain what do you want to know concretely?

Waiting for the information.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I wantto know if having the hysterectomy is the answer
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for your information.

I want to give you a overview of the mode of treatment available.

Most endometriosis is found in the pelvic cavity:
On or under the ovaries

Inside and/ or around the uterus

On the bowels or bladder

In lungs or other parts of the body in extremely rare cases.

There are several modes of treatment for endometriosis-

Pain medication—Works well if pain or other symptoms are mild.

Hormone therapy—Is effective if areas are small and/or there is minimal pain. Common hormones used to treat endometriosis pain are
birth control pills
gonadatropin-releasing hormone (GnRH).

Surgical treatment—Is usually the best choice if endometriosis is extensive, or if have more severe pain or/ and not improved by hormonal therapy. Surgical treatments range from minor to major surgical procedures like
total hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy.

Even having a hysterectomy or removing the ovaries does not guarantee cure.
So your doctor is the best judge to guide you what type of treament would be better for you.

Some women also have less pain from endometriosis after pregnancy, but the reason for this is unclear.
It may be due to the hormones released by the body during pregnancy lessen the growth of endometriosis.
Still it is not found any association between endometriosis and endometrial, cervical, uterine, or ovarian cancers. In very rare cases endometriosis is seen with a certain type of cancer, called endometrioid cancer but endometriosis may not be cause this cancer.

Still it is not known what causes endometriosis or how it occurs?
For this reason, women who are diagnosed with endometriosis need to be follow up regularly.

In most cases, the symptoms of endometriosis lessen after menopause because the growths gradually get smaller, but it may not happens to everybody.

If you need further clarifications, I will be happy to explain further.

If you find this information helpful, please press the ACCEPT button, Bonus is always appreciated.

Your positive Feed back is important to me.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

Dr. Saha and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you