How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lani, BSN, RN Your Own Question
Lani, BSN, RN
Lani, BSN, RN, Nurse
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4732
Experience:  A Registered Nurse for 19 years.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Lani, BSN, RN is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have cuts on the shaft of my penis i have gotten

Resolved Question:

i have cuts on the shaft of my penis i have gotten them before but used a little neospoarin and within a few days they went away. but know i have been dealing with this for over a month i went to a urologist and he just said it was dry skin to soak in a bath each night that has not worked the skin is not tough nor dry but the skin is tight and wont heal there is a sligt stickyness at the bottom of the shaft with a slight fowl odor i was going to try a yeast cream but didnt know if that would hurt more
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Lani, BSN, RN replied 9 years ago.


Since when you have such problem?

Any discharges? How it loooks if any there is any?

Is that problem a recurrence from the previous cuts?

Any burning on urination?

when did you start the clindamycin?

Sexually active?


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
my penis has always retracted and now after i pee and it retracts there is a clear discharge not sure if it i left over urine or not.No it not from before it has been approx. 2 years since the last time.No burning.I started taking the medication 3 days ago.I was with my wife until this happened.
Expert:  Lani, BSN, RN replied 9 years ago.


Certainly, you have an ongoing infection in there. Assuming you are in a loyal monogamous relationship, most likely your problem is an infection of the foreskin of the penis called balanitis that usually affects only the tip of the penis. It can be fungal (yeast) or bacterial infection. There are other kinds of infection that can be considered as well. That may be determined by doing a swab test on the penile discharges.

As you have been seen by your doctor and was prescribed Clindamycin, then most likely it is a bacterial infection. Continue with the prescribed treatments and you should see improvement while on that antibiotics regimen. Be sure to clean the area and keep it dry as much as possible.Withhold sexual contact temporarily.

Just not to forget to mention , just in case you are diabetic, you need to control your blood sugar. If no diabetes, then that's fine.

Take care!


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
would using any of the following help my problem or make it worse.
Fungoid® Solution
GyneLotrimin® 3
Gyne-Lotrimin® 3 Combination Pack
Lotrim® AF Jock Itch Cream
Lotrimin® AF
Mycelex® Troche
Expert:  Lani, BSN, RN replied 9 years ago.


All those mentioned are for fungal infections. As you are now on antibiotics, give some time to see if it will show some improvement. Haven't you done swab test of the discharge? That test is supposed to tell what infection is ongoing. If the clindamycin seems to be not working, then you should go back to your doctor and any of the above mentioned medications may be tried.

This link may be helpful: GO HERE.

Good luck!


Lani, BSN, RN and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you