How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. German Your Own Question
Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 3834
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. German is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a constant pain in my lower right cheek that runs

Resolved Question:

I have a constant pain in my lower right butt cheek that runs down through the back of my leg. Is is back related or something else?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 9 years ago.

Hi, <strongCustomer, You should consult a neurologist specialist .

Your symptoms could be caused by a condition called sciatica .

This is a nerve that goes from the lower back to the back of your leg .

In most cases, this condition is produced by the presence of a lower back disk herniation ( when this happens ,a disk slips over the other and compresses the sciatic nerve located between the affected disks ), producing this pain that goes from your butt to the back of your leg .

The neurologist will perform a spine MRI and nerve conduction studies to diagnose this condition.

He will treat you with antiinflammatory medications and epidural steroid injections if it is necessary .

In some cases, surgery is necessary to decompress the sciatic nerve .

If you like the answer, please click accept . A bonus will always be sincerely appreciated .

Dr. German and other Health Specialists are ready to help you