TBurtonRN
TBurtonRN, Nurse
Experience:  5 years experience as RN in critical care, neurology, and pediatrics.
8195698

No Comment Added

No Comment Added
Are you on any medicines? Do you have any other medical problems or symptoms?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to TBurtonRN's Post: I have MS but have not had any excerabations for 4 years.   Have been on copaxone for the past 4 years but these symptoms are not listed as a side effect to medicine. Also taking zocor. Only been on that for one month - prior to that lipitor.

Black tongue can be a side effect of some meds like Pepto Bismol, but with your soreness and dry mouth I think it is more likely that you have developed an overgrowth of yeast or bacteria in your mouth.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/black-hairy-tongue/HQ00325 Here is a link from the Mayo Clinic that you may find helpful.

I would also consult a physician due to the discomfort that you are having with it.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more information. I will be happy to help. T