Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

I have two blemishes on the side of my tongue and sometimes

I have two blemishes on the side of my tongue and sometimes i have these little white stinky things that come out of my mouth could that be a sign of hiv
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 9 years ago.

Hi, sally 387 , what you have is definetely an oral or mouth fungal infection .

This condition does not necessarily mean that you have HIV , there are other conditions that can also produce this type of infection like : diabetes , other immunedeficiency disorder ( in this condition the immune system ( this system is formed by white blood cells and proteins like antibody and complement ) that normally defends your body against infections is not working properly ) or malnutrition .

Consult your doctor who will perform some tests including : a complete white blood cell count and profile ,blood glucose test and ELISA test .

With these tests , your doctor will be able to determine what condition you have that is producing this oral yeast infection to treat you properly .

He will also prescribe you oral antifungal medications or suspensions like Miconazole or Nystatin to treat this oral fungus .

If you like the answer, please click accept . A bonus will always be sincerely appreciated .