Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice
1725470

I HAVE A DARK LINE ON MY STOMACH. DOES THAT MEAN THAT ...

Customer Reply

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I HAVE A DARK LINE ON MY STOMACH. DOES THAT MEAN THAT I AM PREGANT
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 9 years ago.

When did you get your last period?

Have you had unprotected sex in the last 2 months? When?

Do you have any previous children?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
MY LAST PERIOD WAS NOT NORMAL. IT WAS LIGHT PINL AND STAYED ON FOR 2 1/2 DAYS. YES I HAVE NON PROTECTED SEX AND I ALSO HAVE A 3 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER

HelloCustomer

Pigmentation of certain parts of the body - around the nipples and areola, on the groin and the linea nigra which is the line extending from the bellybutton to the pubic bone - is usually a feature of the first pregnancy. The pigmentation does not go away even after the delivery although it may get somewhat lighter and the linea can remain.

In your case, it is likely that the linea nigra could be a symptom of your first pregnancy. But since you have probably noticed it getting darker, it could be a sign that you have become pregnant again although it is not a definitive sign.

Since your last period was lighter than usual, please get a pregnancy test. Only a pregnancy test is confirmatory of pregnancy - other signs may suggest, but will not confirm pregnancy.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
what is the answer to my question
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD's Post: what about the dizziness and the stomach pain
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
can i get an answer

Dizziness, stomach pain, light period and the linea nigra are suggestive symptoms of pregnancy so you may be pregnant.

But to confirm whether you are pregnant, you will need to take a pregnancy test.