Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

How does soma stay in your system?

Customer Question
How long does soma stay...
How long does soma stay in your system?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Health
1/25/2008
Health Professional: BLG RPH, Pharmacist replied 9 years ago
BLG RPH
BLG RPH, Pharmacist

Debi,

If I understand your question correctly based on your comment at the bottom of your post, you are asking if the doses that you took 11 days ago would be active in your body currently, and helping your chronic back. If that is indeed what you are asking, the answer would be if so, extremely minimally. The excretion rate of drugs is usually measured by the time that it takes for 1/2 of the drug to be eliminated (called the half-life). In some cases, as is the case with Soma, drugs are broken down by the body into other drugs that are active, and have actions in the body. Soma has a half-life of about 2 hours, is broken down by the body into a drug called meprobamate, which has a half-life of 10 hours. If you consider that every 2 hours 1/2 of the dose of Soma that was taken is eliminated, 24 hours from the time the dose was taken the drug has gone through 12 periods of the previously remaining dose being cut in half. 11 days later, both drugs will still be detectable, but the action they would be having on your body would be nominal, if any, unless you have a metabolic deficiency of some sort, which is unlikely.

I hope this helps!

-Ben

PLEASE CLICK ON THE *GREEN * ACCEPT BUTTON FOR THIS ANSWER SO I MAY RECEIVE CREDIT FOR MY WORK. PLEASE ALSO LEAVE *POSITIVE FEEDBACK* IF MY ANSWER HELPED YOU.

BLG RPH
BLG RPH, Pharmacist
Reply to BLG RPH's Post: So when does soma leave your system completely and not detectable anymore?
I did not get an answer to "SO WHEN DOES SOME LEAVE YOUR SYSTEM COMPLETELY AND NO LONER DETECTABLE?

Detectable by what means?

BLG RPH
BLG RPH
BLG RPH, Pharmacist