Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant
467755

I am 34 years old and have not have missed my period. i have

i am 34 years old and have not have missed my period. i have taken 2 pregnancy tests and both were negative. i am not terribly overweight nor underweight
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 9 years ago.
If your period is at least two weeks late, your best bet is to see your doctor for a blood pregnancy test, as this is the most accurate way of testing. Other reasons for period abnormalities include stress, weight gain/loss, thyroid, hormonal imbalance, infection, illness, medications, polyp, cyst, amongst other reasons. If the blood pregnancy test comes back negative, your doctor can do further testing to determine the exact cause.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
i do not have health insurance and know that if I go to a doctor's office they will want to run many many tests. Is there anything that I can do to help keep the costs down when going to the doctor?
In this case your best bet is to visit your local Planned Parenthood, as their fees are on a sliding scale, according to what you can afford. If you are unsure where a clinic is in your area, you can do a search on their site
http://www.PlannedParenthood.com